Monday, March 9, 2009

Creamed Peas

My Grandma Ellsworth and my mom have always made these.  It's so simple and tastes wonderful; I've always loved this way of preparing peas and since I had some left over evaporated milk from the meatball meal we had the other night this was a great way to use it up.  Speaking of which, that's really a great and economical way to plan meals.  I had decided to make cordon bleu because I had some leftover swiss from a previous meal a few weeks ago and the remainng cream from the mousse I had made Jon.  

Creamed Peas
Ellsworth Family

1 can peas
evaporated milk
salt and pepper to taste

In a small sauce pan add drained peas and just enough milk to coat the peas but not cover them since you don't really want it to be soupy.  Heat to a boil and then turn down to low to simmer.  Stir occasionly lightly mashing the peas ( I don't mean like mashed potatoes mash, just pressing on them slightly to thicken the consistency a little.)

No comments: