Thursday, April 16, 2009

Roasted Pork Ribs with Rosemary and Dijon



This was our main entree for Easter dinner.  I wanted to be  little bit nontraditional by not baking a ham but still use pork, so. . . pork ribs!  I'd never made ribs before and I haven't had a lot of pure success baking meat in the oven lately so having these turn out was a huge relief.  And not only did they come out uncharred (by which I mean, our oven did not burst into flames this time)  everybody actually really liked them.  I'm sure I'll use this recipe again since it was a nice change to the Texas standby of bbq for ribs.

Roasted Pork Ribs with Rosemary and Dijon
Williams-Sonoma

1 rack of ribs, ours had 12
3/4 cup dry white wine (I didn't have any on hand so I used white grape juice)
3 Tbs firmly packed light brown sugar
3 Tbs olive oil
1/2 cup dijon mustard
2 Tbs chopped fresh rosemary
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
salt and pepper to tastw
1/4 cup heavy cream

Set the ribs in a large baking pan.  

In   a bowl, whisk together the wine, brown sugar, olive oil, mustard,rosemary and garlic.  Brush the ribs generously on all sides with the marinade.  Pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan and set aside.  Cover ribs with plstic wrap and let stand at room temp for 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 325.  Tent pan with foil and roast meat for about 3 hours.  Let rest for 20 minutes before cutting.

Place the sauce pan with reserved marinade over med-high heat.  Add the cream and boil until the sauce is reduced slightly, about 5 min.  Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a gravy boat.  Serve alongside ribs.

*Note:  I decided to not make the sauce, though I still think it would be yummy, but instead glazed the ribs with the remaining amount during the last half hour of cooking and removed the foil so it would bake on well.  This worked out and made the ribs really tasty.

No comments: