Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sour Cream Banana Bread

  • I had such success with this recipe and baking experience. First off, parchment paper. Why have I never used this product before!? Cookies, cakes, brownies, bread- I am never going back. Nothing sticks, you take it off, throw it away and are left with a clean baking dish and beautifully presentable baked good. I am totally converted and suggest you all join. I attribute the fact that, for the first time ever, I was able to get banana bread that wasn't at all overcooked on the sides, to the parchment paper. This banana bread was perfect. So moist on the inside, had a great flavor where the banana was significantly present and though so tasty drenched in margarine, didn't need it in the slightest. I've made several banana bread recipes in the past that haven't been the one. I chose this one because it had such high ratings and I needed to use up some sour cream. Great choice and I think it will be my go to banana bread recipe from now on.

  • Sour Cream Banana Bread
  • recipezaar.com

  • 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup mashed banana, I used 3 nice, dark ones
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (omit if you don't like nuts)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream

Grease loaf pan or not if using parchment paper.

Cream margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla.

Add dry ingredients, then bananas then nuts and sour cream.

Mix well.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour. (my oven required 10 extra minutes)

No comments: