I love the flavor of gingerbread but had never actually made any before. This was so nice, especially when warm with powdered sugar and whipped cream on top! I had read one review that said to use rounded teaspoonfuls of the spices rather than leveling them off. I did it that way too and like the results so I would recommend doing it as well. Mmmm. * Just bought a mini bundt pan (walmart $11) and made this recipe using it and they turned out so cute and just as moist and good. Perfect individual portions for gifting!
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
In a separate bowl mix:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour an 8" square pan (or use Pam).
- The ingredients listed under "cream together" should be added one ingredient at a time, creaming in between each addition.
- When you have finished adding/creaming all the liquid ingredients, keep beating the liquid mixture, folding in the dry mixture, alternating with the 2/3 cup sour milk.
- Once everything is mixed in, pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle.
- When it comes out clean, it's done.
If using a mini bundt pan: spray with pam and fill cups to a 1/4 inch below the wavy design part. Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes and gently scoop out of pan.