adapted from Food.com
- 1 -2 head fresh broccoli ( do not use frozen!)
- 1/2 cup red onions, chopped
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheesehandfull of sunflower seedssprinkle of cayenne pepper
- Cook bacon (I make it easy and buy the pre-ccoked, pre-crumbled Hormel brand in bag by the salad dressing isle; the Hormel brand is the best) and crumble into pieces.
- Chop up top of broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Mix broccoli, onions, bacon, sunflower seeds, and cheese in large bowl.
- In separate bowl combine vinegar, sugar, cayenne and mayo.
- Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat and refrigerate.
- Best if made a day ahead.