Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sour Cream Baked Chicken

Here is another Relief Society meal recipe from my Relief Society Pres.  I love this chicken!  It comes out so tender and moist and the gravy is just as yummy.  Usually when I go back for seconds it is for the sides but I could just have a plate full of this chicken and be perfectly satisfied.  And then it's so easy!  I couldn't believe it only had two ingredients and that they were  something I already had on hand as part of my pantry basics.

Sour Cream Baked Chicken
Sister Taylor

1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
6-8 pieces chicken thighs
garlic salt

Mix sour cream and soup together.  Pour two thirds on bottom of 9x13 baking dish.  Put chicken on top, sprinkle with garlic salt and spread remaining mixture on top.  Top with foil and bake at 275 for 2 1/2 hours.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Remove chicken and serve remaining gravy over mashed potatoes.

* I actually doubled the soup/sour cream mixture, because we love lots of gravy on our mashed potatoes, putting one half on the bottom and spreading other half on the top.  

No comments: