As soon as the weather starts warming up I start thinking lemon. This mousse was a perfect, cool lemony treat. Both Jon and I really enjoyed it and I am just waiting for a good opportunity to make it again for a crowd since it makes quite a lot. Next time I'll top it with fresh blackberries as garnish, so pretty.
Recipezaar # 61829
- Beat eggs and sugar until pale, about 5 minutes.
- Beat butter into sugar mixture in a thin stream.
- Add lemon juice.
- Pour into top of double-boiler.
- Cook over moderate heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Place piece of plastic wrap directly onto surface of custard to prevent skin from forming.
- Transfer custard to a medium bowl and refrigerate atleast two hours.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold into chilled custard.