Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Chicken Garlic Pizza

Okay, here is my resistance to homemade pizza- the crust. No offense to anyone who makes it, but I have never had a homemade crust that has equaled the goodness of the take out variety. I have tried to make my own from scratch and have been really unsatisfied as well. So, I know for those purists out there, admitting that I actually loved the store bought Pillsbury thin crust in a tube may be horrific. But, purism aside, this crust has made me excited to get on the homemade pizza bandwagon. This particular pizza was really yummy and fun to make. It has opened my eyes to all of the great variations I could try and I am looking forward to pizza night from my own kitchen now, armed with my trusty blue tube.

Chicken Garlic Pizza
Annie's Eats

2 chicken breasts
salt and pepper
2 tsp olive oil
4 Tbsp. butter
4 cloves garlic minced
4 Tbsp. green onion, chopped
1 tsp. dried basil
2-3 Roma tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 - 1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
pizza crust

Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a skillet on med-high and cook chicken until browned on both sides. Remove and cut into bite sized chunks. Return to pan, reducing heat to med and finish cooking until cooked through. In a small sauce pan, melt butter with garlic, onion and basil( I didn't have any on hand so I just used Italian seasoning.) Pour into a chilled dish to cool and refrigerate until set but still soft. Preheat oven to 350 for homed crust or 400 ( i think it is, check tube) for Pillsbury. Spread herb butter over crust. Arrange chicken on top, then dot with ricotta. Top with tomato slices, cilantro and Parmesan. Bake 15-20 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.

I don't have a picture, though this pizza was picture perfect, because my camera battery was dead so here is a link to Annie's

No comments: