We love the fish tacos at the Lone Star Taqueria in Cottonwood Heights, Utah (near Salt Lake City). Curious if anyone had a copycat for their recipes, I found one that the restaurant posted themselves! I haven't tried the marinade yet, but it is out there if you want it. We loved this sauce though!
Lone Star Cilantro Jalepeno Mayo for Fish Tacos
- In a blender or food processor, combine:
- 1 3/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 rinsed and stemmed fresh jalapeño chili (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
- and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Whirl until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Makes about 2 1/4 cups.